Hi, y’all! I’m Ellie Talley and I love stories.I’m a wife, mama and teacher from small-town Tennessee. Currently freaking out about: fall-scented essential oils blends, coffee, Boston Terriers, and soft t-shirts. Welcome to my sweet little piece of the Internet. I’m glad you’re here!
Most days you can find me laughing with my husband Charlie, getting into shenanigans with my two sons, preparing Whole30-ish meals in the kitchen at Crangle Hall, or reading in my favorite chair with our Boston Terrier, Polly, snuggled up in my lap. I’m a middle school history teacher and chronic doodler, and I steadily maintain a love-hate relationship with running. One of the things I am most passionate about is telling stories and helping others tell their own. I am open-hearted, honest to a fault and still finding my way in this world, just like you.
For over six years, I worked in some of the most impoverished communities in our state as an educator and mentor. Things like justice, equality and beating the odds get my heart beating double-time. I love people and believe that everyone should get a fair chance in life.
If you’re dying to hear more, here are five things you might not know about me.
- I think the peanut butter-chocolate combo should be its own food group.
- If “changing into soft clothes after work” was an Olympic event, I would get the gold medal every.single.time.
- I had Bell’s Palsy as a child and half of my face was paralyzed for two weeks.
- I’ve run two half marathons.
- I’ve been the same height since fifth grade – 4’11” and proud, baby!